MY ISLAM Forum www.myislam.co.nr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prophet Jesus,Prophet Muhammad leave behind parallel lessons

Go down

Prophet Jesus,Prophet Muhammad leave behind parallel lessons Empty Prophet Jesus,Prophet Muhammad leave behind parallel lessons

Post  Riaz Has Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:09 am

Prophet Jesus,Prophet Muhammad leave behind parallel lessons
Riaz Hasan
Article Last Updated: 04/06/2007 07:24:52 AM PDT

ACCORDING to Islamic tradition, all prophets and messengers are brothers. They have different mothers, but they have one father, the message of God (the religion).

It is true that a person is not a Muslim if he or she does not love and revere Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad and all the prophets and messengers revealed or not revealed to him or her. For that reason, you will not hear a practicing Muslim take the name of a prophet in vain. It is hurtful when you see the caricatures of a prophet like in Nordic Europe or a nude chocolate Jesus statue in New York, in the name of freedom of speech. It is not always easy; however, a practicing Muslim is guided to restrain anger if degradation of prophets is experienced. On the other hand, it is always a pleasure to remind us of the lessons in the sayings of these divinely inspired human beings. And, it is the Islamic tradition. Here is a small sample of the parallel sayings of Jesus and Muhammad. I have used the King James Version for the sayings of Jesus and the English translation of the Quran to the best of my ability to determine:

-"God knows your hearts." Luke 16:15

"God knows the secrets of your hearts." Quran 3:154

-"Why do you call me good? No one is good but the one who is God." Mark 10:18

"Say, I am only a man like you. It has been revealed to me that your God is one God. Let whoever hopes to meet his Lord, do good." Quran 18:110

-"The most important is the first commandment that is: Hear, O' Israel, the Lord our God is one. Love thy Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul and mind and with all your strength." Mark 12:29-30

"Your God is one God. There is no god but he, the compassionate, the merciful." Quran 2:163

-"Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand." Matthew 13:13

"They have hearts with which they do not understand, and they have eyes with which they do not see and they have ears with which they do not hear." Quran 7:179

-"Do not give dogs what is holy; do not throw your pearls to pigs." Matthew 7:6

"You truly cannot guide whom you love. But God guides whom he will. And he best knows those who receive guidance." Quran 28:56

-"The truth will set you free." John 8:32

"O' you who believe, guard your souls, follow the guidance. God will show you the truth." Quran 5:105

-"Stop judging by mere appearances." John 7:24

"Truly, the most worthy of honor in the sight of God is he who is most righteous." Quran 49:13

-"Do not judge, and you will not be judged." Luke 6:37

"Deal justly, and you will not be dealt unjustly." Quran 2:279

These sayings are very inspiring and moving, and I have just scratched the surface. A whole book can be written on this subject. In the future, God willing, I may write the parallel sayings of Moses and Muhammad and more of Jesus and Muhammad.
http://www.myislam.zoomshare.com

Riaz Has

Back to top Go down